August 22, 2003

One more reason to break the trend




First read this:
Microsoft Weighs Automatic Updates

Now I am no conspiracy theorist, but it seems to me that this takes us one step closer to Big Brother. Granted, the conditions are extreme, however, I cannot help but wonder who has the time, resources, and experience to create the kind of successful viruses we have seen since the beginning of the year. Whoever is responsible for SoBig.F, Blaster, and so on, must be intimately familiar with Microsoft products, and especially with those product's powerful undocumented features. I can only think of one organization that harbors people with that kind of knowledge and experience, and it certainly isn't King Mongkut's School of Technology.

A friend once sent me a joke about exposing a Windows CD to flame and reading the words:
One O/S to rule them all, One O/S to find them, One O/S to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Suddenly it's not so funny.


Post a Comment