July 05, 2004

Little people with big agendas


Fireworks for Halloween!
Posted by Hello


Meet Mr. Lesser Dark Horror, the scourge of the swamp in Dark Elf Country in the land of Aden. Lesser Dark Horrors, and their older cousins, Dark Horrors, are extremely powerful for their level, do alot of damage, and are very hard to kill. Dark Elf Fighters can take them one on one at about level 15, with lots of rest in between to recover their HP (life points). Dark Elf Mystics avoid them altogether until level 16 or 17, and even then they spend more time running than fighting (called "kiting": hit the monster with a spell, run like the dickens in the opposite direction while the spell recharges, then hit it again.). To my great surprise, Giantina took on two of them at once at level 13 with almost no difficulty! I am beginning to think that maybe dwarves are far more versatile than most players imagine.

Of course, Giantina has the advantage of not being my first character. All of her armor and equipment is the best that money can buy at her level, because I stipped Nightfall in order to equip her. This gives her strong advantages over "normal" level 13 characters, even the speedy and deadly Dark Elves. As a matter of fact, a Dark Elf Fighter tried to kill Giantina this morning. At first, I ran as fast as her little legs could carry her in the other direction, but the Dark Elf was rapidly gaining ground. Since it had to lead to a fight eventually anyway, I spun the character and attacked head on.

The Dark Elf died in three or four blows. I don't know who was more shocked, my erstwhile attacker or me! It was a very enlightening moment for both of us.

I just love this game!
Post a Comment