June 16, 2012

Danielle Lowe


I don't know anything about her except that in the description of one video she mentions her father passing away in Bali. I've never heard of her before and I pride myself on keeping tabs with the underground music scene in cyberspace (except for metal and metal related garbage, naturally).

I chose this video not because it's her best (it isn't, not by a long shot) but because it evokes an easy, instant comparison. Everyone who's anyone knows the Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks version of this song. I even know it and I'm not a Fleetwood Mac fan. Strictly speaking, I'm not a Stevie Nicks fan, either. The only Stevie Nicks song on my iPod is "Leather and Lace". Nonetheless, I know enough that I will readily assert Stevie Nicks is one of the finest singers who has ever lived.

By my reckoning this young woman is already twice the singer Stevie Nicks was and she stands at the threshold of her career.

She might have flown under my radar before this, but I've got my eye on her now.




Post a Comment