November 05, 2012

One more day to the Presidential Election


And now we're in the home stretch. In 48 hours the world will know if Barack Obama can hold onto power as the President of the United States or if January will see him put out to pasture. Should he lose, the question arises whether he will go quietly and become an congenial ex-President like Bill Clinton, a silent ex-President like G.W. Bush, or a constant pain in the neck who spends his life walking a razor's edge of violating the Logan Act like Jimmy Carter. Funny, isn't it, how the greatest failures spend so much time after they leave power trying to prove they are still relevant while the men who stepped up the plate, made the hard decisions, and took the consequences good or bad on their own shoulders drift quietly into retirement?

If you are an American citizen over the age of eighteen then I hope you have registered to vote. If you have registered to vote, then I hope Tuesday will find you at the polls letting your voice be heard. The plight of the people on the East Coast, devastated by hurricane Sandy, breaks my heart. If I were there I would be doing everything in my power to help my neighbors make it to the polls, both those who agree with me and those who don't. Everyone who is registered to vote deserves to have their voice heard and I pray that those who have transportation are going out of their way to help their neighbors. Self-reliance and cooperation in the face of adversity is what has always marked the American as different from any other citizen of any other country in the world. Other countries might talk about cooperation, but we have always been the people who were so busy living it we didn't have time to talk about it.

For what it's worth, here's my prediction of how it will wind up:

(296 Romney, 242 Obama)


Post a Comment