May 15, 2014

Zombies in the Heartland Pandemic 2013 Video Recap


(As an aside, this is the first time for me to experiment with direct publishing from YouTube.)

I've been looking into firearms competitions for the past six years or so, ever since I let my father talk me into a lifetime membership in the Single Action Shooting Society. Most amateur competitions are designed to be fun and fast-paced, with close-in targets the size of dinner plates. This is the first time for me to take a look at Zombies in the Heartland Pandemic 3-gun Competition and I have to say, I'm impressed. Many of these shots will be genuinely challenging even for experienced shooters. Actual skill in aiming and handling a firearm are required to hit tennis ball size targets at any distance, but some of these shots are fifty to sixty meters away. Under the combined pressures of time, sequence, and a referee on you shoulder, this would be an extremely challenging competition. I have to say, this one looks like it might be worth signing up for. Not this year, because I don't have a proper rifle or handgun for competition shooting. Perhaps in 2016.



Post a Comment