July 30, 2015

I aim to misbehave


There comes a time once every generation or so when the elitists gain the upper hand. Through deceit, salesmanship, or coercion, they convince the rest of us that we really aren't smart enough to run our own lives and we would be happier if we just let them make our decisions for us. This is a great lie, and a great tragedy.

I am working on putting together two books for publishing on the Kindle. If all goes well, by the end of August they will both be available for purchase. This is very hard for me. Not only is there a huge amount of technical knowledge involved, knowledge I am struggling to learn, but I know for an absolute fact my writing is not going to be popular. I know I will have more critics than fans. I know there is a strong possibility that at some point in time my work is very likely to be banned. The stories I tell are not pleasant and today's market is all about the pleasant, the shallow, the "positive". They even have a name for it, "modern positivism". The idea is, if nobody tells the hard stories then nobody will learn the hard truths and if nobody learns the hard truths they will magically stop being true.

Unfortunately, human nature does not change just because some people think it should. Even if someone went back in time and killed Adolf Hitler, someone else would write Mein Kampf, someone else would step up to take his place, and someone else would send Europe's Jews to the gas chambers. The pressures of history and the movement of culture through time is absolute. The most any of us can do is try our best to influence the direction the movement takes. My little blog has not been enough to get my thoughts out into the flow of ideas. I don't know if my books will be enough. I do know that this is something I must drive myself to do because elitism has once again gained the upper hand and is right this very minute working night and day to grab the reins of power and bring collective control into every aspect of our individual lives. They are so certain of their own righteousness that they cannot even begin to comprehend the value of those who object to their "enlightened" leadership.

I don't know how much of a difference I can make. I only know I have to keep trying. These stories need to be told, especially if no one likes them.

As Mal says in the video above, "I aim to misbehave!"



Post a Comment