(This image first appeared in the Los Angeles Times)
Online rumors are flying as we race down to the wire. There are rumors circulating about drug cartel connections and support for child trafficking rings by Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, or their staffs. These rumors are not helpful and prove nothing. Now more than ever we need to stay focused on the facts. In the case of Hillary Clinton and her much vaunted "experience", the facts are damning enough. There is no need for wild rumors.
1. While Secretary of State Hillary Clinton knowingly kept classified material on a home mail server.
2. Hillary Clinton's staff deleted that mail server without transferring the federal files it contained back to the Department of State.
3. While Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton often ordered her maid, who did not have a security clearance of any kind, to enter the secure room in her home, send or receive classified faxes, and print out classified emails.
4. By refusing to acknowledge or fulfill over 600 requests for additional security, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton knowingly and willingly left Ambassador Chris Stevens and his staff vulnerable to terrorist attack when at the Benghazi Consulate. When a terror attack took place and four people died (two at the Consulate, two at the nearby CIA annex), she tried to deflect blame from her own incompetence by claiming a YouTube video that insulted the Prophet of Islam was responsible for the attack.
5. While publicly catering to minorities in order to generate votes for herself, her husband, and other Democratic candidates, Hillary Clinton has repeatedly referred to those same groups using the most vile derogatory words in the English language when writing official email, or when meeting with the top donors to the Clinton Foundation.
6. While claiming to have spent her entire career supporting women and children, she has repeatedly received large donations to her political campaign funds and her charity fund from Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and other countries where Shari'a law routinely results in rape victims being stoned to death or publicly flogged for exposing themselves to attack by being away from home without a man from their family present to protect them.
7. While Hillary Clinton served as Secretary of State, foreign leaders who made large-value donations to the Clinton Foundation were granted immediate official access to her. In many cases, those same foreign leaders later received preferential treatment in trade deals, technology exchange deals, weapons purchases, and other actions requiring direct approval from the Office of the Secretary of State.
8. Both Bill and Hillary Clinton have often received large-value payments as speaking fees from global banks, global academic forums, global science forums, global trade forums, and global corporations either as personal income or as donations to the Clinton Foundation. In almost every case, someone or some group present during those speeches or connected to the payment for those speeches received preferential access and treatment while she served as Senator or Secretary of State.
9. When the Clintons left the White House at the end of Bill's presidency, they took with them at least $134,000 worth of furniture and artwork that had been given as gifts to the White House during a renovation. Eventually they repaid the value, but they did not return any of the items they had taken because they considered those items to be personal gifts to themselves rather than gifts to the White House property inventory.
10. Every book written by someone who worked with Hillary Clinton as Senator or as Secretary of State has painted her as power-seeking, condescending, hateful, and completely unconcerned with the welfare and needs of the American public.
11. Last, and perhaps worst of all, Hillary Clinton has stated repeatedly that one of her priorities as President will be the creation of a No-Fly Zone to protect Syrian rebels. Such a No-Fly Zone will require American pilots to shoot down Russian warplanes. At some point, Russia will tire of losing good pilots and expensive fighter jets and will respond with an all-out nuclear attack on the United States of America. Hillary Clinton has already said, repeatedly, that if elected President of the United States she is eager to begin the process that will create conditions which can only have one outcome: a world war between the United States and Russia and whatever allies the two combatants can bring to their support.
I could go on and on almost endlessly. Hillary Clinton does indeed have the finest resume of anyone who has ever run for the office of President of the United States. The problem is, her entire resume is a list of failure, incompetence, and self-serving abuse of the responsibilities and power associated with every public position she has ever served in.
While it is absolutely true that Donald Trump is an arrogant, condescending jerk, I honestly do not understand how anyone can vote for Hillary Clinton. Her "decades of experience" is a long record of incompetence and corruption.
But the saddest part of all is that I know, even as I type these words, that this blog post will not change even a single vote.